Fixturing concept principle
The OK-VISE Fixturing Concept features a range of components that are suitable for clamping different workpiece types, sizes and materials on all types of workholding platforms and machining centers.
All systems in the OK-VISE Fixturing Concept include the following modules
- Clamp modules based on OK-VISE low-profile clamp.
- Stop modules. Clamp presses the workpiece against stop modules, creating either friction or form closure to hold the workpiece while machining.
- Side guides. These enable easy loading of workpieces.
- Riser blocks / parallels. These are used to lift up the workpiece from fixture base.
- Floating units clamp the workpiece in place, without moving it against any fixed stop
All modules of the OK-VISE Fixturing Concept are reusable
Therefore, life cycle cost of OK-VISE modules is low so using OK-VISE is a step towards sustainable production.
Our Blank System is a system for building dedicated workholding (workpiece-specific fixturing). Normally only one setup of one workpiece can be clamped with these fixtures.
A second option for fixturing is to use a modular workholding system. A modular system easily adapts to various workpiece sizes, and the components of these systems can be reused and simply reconfigured for a variety of applications and workpieces.
Most fixturing cases can be built using both of these concepts.