Our patented Combo-Rail unit is optimized for applications that require work support in floating mode, which means that once positioned, the unit clamps the workpiece in place without moving it. This is used when the workpiece is positioned by other means and bending of the workpiece at the support point needs to be avoided. Combo-Rail unit also features centralizing mode and machine vise mode in addition to the floating mode.
The Combo-Rail units can be combined with most OK-VISE Fixturing Concept components. In particular, combining Combo-Rail units with OK-VISE MultiRail has been proven to be a brilliant combination. Special versions are also available, please do not hesitate to ask for price and delivery time from our local dealer.
- Floating mode is needed for workpieces which are long or large in size, and clamping inaccurate workpieces like castings, forgings or flame-cut workpieces.
- This patented solution has earned praise worldwide for its simplicity. This is the most important operating mode of the Combo-Rail. Here the fixture
adjusts to the place of the workpiece.
- Floating mode installation normally needs positioning with some other means, like two Multi-Rail units, positioning pins, positioning by a robot etc.
- The jaws move synchronously. As long as the clamp place is not moved, the centre line of a casting or similar workpiece remains in the same place even if the outer dimensions of the workpiece changes.
Machine vise mode
- In this mode the one jaw is fixed to the base. Compared to traditional machine vises, in this method the ergonomics are radically improved in vertical machining centers.